Hauppauge Capture for USB-Live2
Note: If you have run HCWCLEAR, you must reboot your PC and leave the USB-Live2 installed. After a reboot you will see the Found New Hardware Wizard installation message, hit Cancel. then continue below.
- Plug the Hauppauge recorder into your PC
- Click the download button and save Hauppauge Capture to your PC (do not select 'Run')
- Once Hauppauge Capture is downloaded, run the Hauppauge Capture installation
- If you see the message "Windows Protected Your PC, Windows Smartscreen prevented an unrecognized app ...", click 'More info' and 'Run anyway'. Windows Smartscreen is a new 'feature' in Windows 10 to prevent new updates from being installed automatically.
- After installation, you will be asked to reboot your PC. Please reboot.
- While rebooting your PC, if you have an HD PVR 2 or HD PVR Pro 60, remove the USB or power plug from the back of the device for a few seconds and then plug it back in. This resets the devices.
- Once your PC is rebooted, you will see the Hauppauge Capture icon on your Windows desktop. Run it. No other setup is needed.
Hauppauge Capture supports the following products:
- HD PVR Pro 60
- HD PVR 2 (all models)
- Colossus 2 and Colossus
- HD PVR Rocket
- HD PVR 60
- HD PVR model 1212
- ImpactVCBe and ImpactVCB
WinTV v10 Application Download
WinTV v10 application and Windows driver package
This download is a complete WinTV v10 application, including Windows drivers for supported WinTV products plus utilities.
Installation notes for WinTV v10:
A WinTV v10 Activation Code will be needed to install this WinTV v10 version. An Activation code for WinTV v8.5 or WinTV v8 cannot be used with WinTV v10.
If you do not have a WinTV v10 Activation Code, you can purchase a new WinTV v10 Activation Code on the Hauppauge webstore.
If you have purchased an Activation Code for WinTV v10 with Extend from the Hauppauge Webstore, the latest version of WinTV v10 with Extend will be installed.
Installation on multiple computers: the WinTV application can be installed on as many PCs as needed as long as you use the same Hauppauge device. We link the serial number of your TV tuner (sometimes it is the MAC address) with the Activation code. So as long as you use the same Hauppauge device, you can install on more than one computer.
New satellite channel table for Astra 19.2E and new satellite FM radio stations
Record to network drive (NAS drive). The latest version of WinTV v10 will automatically move your recordings to a network drive after the recordings are complete, freeing up space on your local disk
XMLTV guide data now supported
WinTV v10 installation instructions
The WinTV v10 will install Windows drivers before installing the WinTV v10 application.
- Step 1: Download the WinTV v10 installer by clicking the download button above. The WinTV v10 installer is normally saved in the Download folder on your PC
- Step 2: Run wintv10setup from the Download folder on your PC. If you get a Windows message 'Windows protected your PC', click 'More info' and then 'Run anyway'. This is one of Microsoft's new 'features' to block new applications.
- Step 3: Halfway through the installation, a message will pop up asking for you to enter the Activation Code.
- Step 4: At the Activation required screen, click on Enter Activation code and enter the activation code which was emailed to you or is printed on the WinTV v10 activation card. You do not need to enter the dashes, and you can use upper or lower case characters.
- Step 5: When the installation is complete, you will find the WinTV icon on your Windows desktop. Double click on this icon and the WinTV application will run. On the first run of WinTV, it will automatically go through the TV source selection and will scan for channels.
Windows Drivers for USB-Live2
Windows driver for USB Live 2, WinTV-HVR-935C and WinTV-USB2-FM
To install the latest driver:
Leave your USB-Live2 plugged into your PC. Follow the following steps:
- Download the Driver10 update
- Run the EXE file.
- This will install the USB-Live2 base driver. At the completion of the driver install you should see a message which says Drivers have been updated successfully.
Third Party Applications
Stream your live video, video + screen, or screen-only along with your audio to viewers via the public Internet.
USB-Live2 Frequently Asked Questions
Which application should I use, Hauppauge Capture or WinTV?
Most people will find Hauppauge Capture easier to use for recording from home video tapes. With Hauppauge Capture, you can quickly record and playback your video recordings.
WinTV is good if you need to have scheduled recording. Like all WinTV scheduled recordings, you can set a time to start and a length of the recording. WinTV is also better to use if you simply want to watch live video. WinTV has the ability to have a small video window 'always on top' of your Windows screen. In addition, for industrial uses, there is the WinTV SDK which would allow you to write a custom Windows application using live video coming from the USB-Live2.
Hauppauge Capture can only have video in the Hauppauge Capture screen or full screen and there is no 'always on top' mode. Because of this, Hauppauge Capture is not as suitable for video monitoring as WinTV is.
Which should I use, S-Video or composite video?
S-Video has twice the video 'bandwidth' as does composite video (the yellow RCA connector commonly found on the back of VCR's, cable TV boxes and video cameras). Therefore, for best video quality, use S-Video if available.
The only problem with S-Video is that many video sources, such as cable TV boxes, have composite video but not S-Video.
What do the LEDs on the side of USB-Live2 mean?
There are two LEDs on USB-Live2:
Blue: this lights when there is power
Green: this lights when the video signal is detected
If you are connected to an S-Video source but in Hauppauge Capture you have 'Composite' video selected, the Green light will NOT be on.
Can I capture video with Adobe Flash Media Encoder Live?
Yes. Please see the following pictures to set the input source on the USB-Live2. Also, the audio needs to be routed from your microphone or other audio source to the "Line in" jack on your PC.
Currently, while you can bring video from USB-Live-2 into the Media Live Encoder, audio from USB-Live-2 is not supported.
This is the Adobe Flash Live Media Encoder main menu
Click the "wrench" icon next to the Hauppauge device.Then click the tab marked "Crossbar" and click "Input". You will see a list of video input sources which USB-Live-2 has. Set the input source to the one you want to use.