WinTV v8.5: The new TV application from Hauppauge
WinTV v8.5 features
- A new user interface designed for Windows 8 and Windows 10
- Watch, pause, record and playback TV from Hauppauge TV tuners
- Closed captions
- New layout with better controls for live TV pause and playback
- Integrated TV recording scheduler
- Multiple tuner support: Picture-in-picture, record multiple TV programmes, or multi WinTV windows
- Logical channel numbers (Europe)
- Signal strength monitor for digital TV channels
WinTV v8 currently supports the following products
The WinTV-soloHD, WinTV-dualHD, WinTV-quadHD plus all WinTV-HVR TV tuners (such as the WinTV-HVR-935C, WinTV-HVR-1975, WinTV-HVR-2205, etc.), plus the WinTV-NOVA and WinTV-MiniStick products in Europe and Asia.
HD PVR, HD PVR 2, Colossus 2 and Colossus plus PCTV 292e and 461e are now supported with WinTV v8.
Hear is what one user said about WinTV v8
Joe said: I just got my copy of WinTV. Are you kidding me? This program is awesome! As a long time suffering user of MCE, I really wish I had discovered this years ago. It’s the best 13 euros I have ever spent. Solves so many annoying problems and it even plays all the (hundreds) of over-the-air recorded TV files I had from MCE! I have always been a Hauppauge tuner guy but never had WinTV. You guys rock!
WinTV v8.5 Download
WinTV v8.5 application and TV tuner driver download package
WinTV v8.5 is the latest version of the WinTV v8 application for Windows. This download is a complete WinTV v8.5 installation package, including drivers for supported WinTV products plus utilities.
Installation notes for WinTV v8.5:
A WinTV v8.5 Activation Code will be needed to install this WinTV v8.5 version.
If you have a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-930C (16xxx), Colossus (not Colossus 2), HD PVR model 1212, WinTV-HVR-1100, WinTV-HVR-1300, WinTV-HVR-1400, WinTV-HVR-3000, WinTV-HVR-4000 or WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2, you MUST use WinTV v8. WinTV v8.5 does not support these products.
If you do not have an WinTV Activation Code, but you have a WinTV v7 CD, you can install the WinTV v8 application.
If you do not have an WinTV Activation Code or your original WinTV v7 CD-ROM, you can purchase a new WinTV v8 Activation Code on the Hauppauge webstore. This can then be used to activate WinTV v8.5.
WinTV v8.5 installer
For Windows 10, 8, and 7
To install the WinTV v8.5 application
Note: You will need to have your WinTV v8.5 Activation Code to complete this installation.
- Download the WinTV v8.5 installer. After downloading this file, it's normally saved in the Download directory on your PC
- Run wintv85setup from the Download directory on your PC
- At Activation required, Enter the Activation Code which was emailed to you, or is printed on the WinTV v8 activation card or is printed on the WinTV v8 CD
Note: If you have a WinTV v8 Activation Code for Extend, the latest version of WinTV v8.5 with Extend will also be installed.