USB-Live2: Live video and video capture from analog video sources
Watch, capture or record live video from your VCR, camcorder or industrial video camera! USB-Live2 connects to any S-Video or composite video source and brings the video into your PC over USB.
Use USB-Live2 to convert your home video tapes into DVDs! USB-Live2 connects to any S-Video or composite video source and brings the video into your PC over USB. Plug the USB-Live2 into the USB port on your PC, plug the S-Video or composite video cables into your medical, industrial camera, VCR or analog video camera and you're ready to record analog video into your PC. USB-Live2 creates MPEG-2 video files, which can be burnt onto DVD or CD discs.
Xsplit and the Adobe Media Encoder can receive video from USB-Live2 for live streaming or over the Internet.
Add video clips to your web site: Creative webmasters can incorporate still frame highlights or motion video clips on their web sites!
Use USB-Live2 for desktop publishing: With our WinTV SnapShot function, you can quickly save JPEG images from your video camera.
USB-Live2 is the easiest way to record your old VHS video tapes
USB-Live2 is an external device which connects your VCR, camcorder or video camera to your PC or laptop. Plug the USB-Live2 into the USB port on your PC, plug the S-Video or composite video cables into your VCR or camcorder and you're ready to record your old video tapes to your PC.
USB-Live2 digitizes video using high quality 4:2:2 video sampling at up to 720p for the best analog video quality.
For Linux too
Hauppauge provides a PPA for Ubuntu to make the driver installation easier. Note: only a Linux driver is provided. We do not provide a Linux application with USB-Live2. See www.hauppauge.com/linux
USB-Live 2 Features
Record video from analog video sources
USB-Live2 has analog video recording plus live video preview Use USB-Live2 to record your home video tapes, and to archive them on a DVD disk (disk burning software is not included).
USB-Live2 can be used in medical and industrial applications: connect to cameras and other instruments to record still or motion videos.
USB-Live2 has both Windows and Linux drivers. We also can provide a Windows API so you can develop your own video capture or video monitoring application.
Removable A/V cables makes it easy to connect
Leave the USB-Live 2 cables connected to your A/V source while moving the USB-Live2 to a different computer. The A/V cable set attaches to USB-Live2 with a secure latching connector.
USB-Live2 supports video up to 720p (NTSC sources) with S-Video, composite video and stereo audio.
Additional removable A/V cables are available from the Hauppauge webstore.
WinTV v10 and Hauppauge Capture are included
- Hauppauge Capture is the all-in-one recording, trimming and uploading app. Hauppauge Capture gives you timed recording, YouTube upload and stream (YouTube Live streaming and Twitch).
- Includes Hauppauge's WinTV v10 application with built-in scheduled video recording, so you can record videos and upload to YouTube. USB-Live2 attaches to Windows based laptop and desktop PCs for recording and streaming
- Hauppauge Capture and WinTV v10 are compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and Windows 7 (all versions).
USB-Live2 has a complete set of great features
Support for Windows and Linux
Full 720x480 live video and recording (NTSC)
Indicator LEDs showing that USB-Live2 is powered on and a video signal is present
Snap and print stills from whatever you're watching (BMP and JPEG supported)
Record video clips from your camcorder or VCR to create your own high-impact presentations
WinTV v10 and Hauppauge Capture are included
- Video digitizer: 720x480 for NTSC, 720x576 for PAL video sources.
- Video source: S-Video or composite video.
- Audio input: left and right audio.
- 50cm USB cable.
- Minimum processor recommended:
- 2.8 GHz Intel® P4 or equivalent for recording in MPEG-2.
- Microsoft® Windows® 10, 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista with 1 GB RAM or Windows XP Service Pack 3 with 512 MB RAM
- Graphics with 64 MB of memory (minimum).
- Sound card or on board sound.
- USB 2.0 port (will not work with USB 1.1).
- CD-ROM drive (for Software installation).
USB-Live2 Model numbers
model 01383: USB-Live2 with English manual
Included in the box
- Audio/Video input cable.
- WinTV v10 application (download)
- Hauppauge Capture application (download) for recording, trimming your videos and uploading your videos
- Quick Installation Guide.