WinTV-NOVA-S2 Freesat TV Tuner
Watch and record satellite TV on your PC!
Plug the WinTV-NOVA-S2 Freesat TV Tuner into a USB port on your Windows PC or laptop and you can watch, pause & record Freesat satellite TV, both standard definition and HD. You can also watch the free satellite channels broadcast over Astra and Eutelsat in HD.
Record in the original HD quality
The WinTV-NOVA-S2 Freesat TV Tuner allows you to record your favourite TV programs in the original HD quality. Make a movie or TV programme library from satellite TV, and watch them on your PC at any time!
Never miss your favourite TV show again!
The WinTV-NOVA-S2 comes with the WinTV v10 application for Windows. With the WinTV application, you can watch or record your favourite TV programs in your PC, in a window or full screen. TV recordings made with the WinTV-NOVA-S2 can be played back in the original HD satellite quality.
The WinTV-NOVA-S2 Freesat TV Tuner turns your PC into a high definition satellite DVR
Plug the WinTV-NOVA-S2 into your PC and turn it into a HDTV digital video recorder (satellite DVR). With the included WinTV v10 application, you can watch HD or SD TV on your PC screen, in a window or full screen. A built-in Electronic Program Guide (EPG) which is transmitted with the satellite TV signal allows you to see what's on TV now and what's coming up. Schedule your TV recordings with the EPG. Plus pause live TV and record your favourite TV programs in the full digital TV format.
New! Now with support for LinuxTV
To get the latest Linux support, make sure you are using Linux version 4.10 or later. For more information, go to the Hauppauge Linux Support page.
- The WinTV-NOVA-S2 is a satellite receiver for free-to-air HD and SD DVB-S/S2 satellite TV programs in Europe
- Supports Freesat satellite TV in the UK
- Enjoy the stunning picture quality of HD satellite TV on your PC, in a window or full screen
- Record satellite HDTV in native digital video format without any loss in quality
- Includes an external power supply for use with unpowered satellite antennas (LNB power)
- Also listen to digital satellite radio
- Includes the WinTV v10 application for Windows. Watch, timeshift and record live TV in the original HD quality. Watch HD satellite TV full screen or in a freely scalable window. Includes an EPG and TV recording scheduler.
Linux support for the WinTV-Nova-S2 is in kernel 3.14 or later. For more information, please see here.
WinTV-NOVA-S2 Satellite TV Receiver Specifications
- WinTV v10 application for live TV on Windows, with TV pause and recording
- Supported TV standards:
- TV Standards: DVB-S2 / DVB-S receiver (MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC / H.264)
- Frequency range IF 950MHz- 2175MHz
- DiSEqC 1.0
- LNB-power: 13V /18V, 500mA
- Antenna-input: F-Connector, 75 Ohm
- PC-interface: USB 2.0 (Hi-Speed)
TV recording formats
- Transport stream (the original transmitted TV format, without any quality loss)
- Microsoft® Windows 10, 8 or 7®
- Minimum processor: PC with 2.8 GHz single-core or multi-core 1.8 GHz or equivalent AMD® Athlon® XP
- USB 2.0 or 3.0 port
- Internet connection for WinTV software installation and activation
Premium satellite television is often encrypted. Hauppauge satellite TV receivers are for free-to-air satellite TV and radio only and cannot decode premium satellite TV.
Diseq 1.0 is supported, but not Diseq 1.2
Unicable satellite distribution systems are not supported
Some universal LNBs are supported
Broadband LNBs are not supported
model 1677: WinTV-NOVA-S2 Freesat, DVB-S and DVB-S2 TV receiver
Included in the box
- WinTV-NOVA-S2 satellite TV receiver (DVB-S and DVB-S2), Hi-Speed USB adapter with satellite antenna connection
- Remote control including batteries (for use with the WinTV v10 application)
- External power supply (for use with unpowered satellite LNBs)
- USB extension cable
- WinTV v10 for Windows (download with Activation Code included)