Hauppauge Capture Download
Hauppauge Capture version 37227 | Date: Aug 15, 2019
- Plug in the HD PVR Pro 60 to a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port (USB 3.0 port is recommended due to the higher power output it provides)
- Click the download button and Save Hauppauge Capture to your PC (do not select 'Run')
- Once Hauppauge Capture is downloaded, run the Hauppauge Capture installation
- After installation, you will be asked to reboot your PC. Please reboot.
- Once your PC is rebooted, you will see the Hauppauge Capture icon on your Windows desktop. Run it. No other setup is needed.
Note: we recommend making all HDMI and A/V connections to the HD PVR Pro 60 while the device is disconnected from the USB port (in other words: unpowered).
New feature in HC version 37277:
Fixed bug which caused the microphone not to be added in standalone mode
Add color and brightness controls: in Advanced menu, there are now settings for Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Hue. You can use the built-in Xbox One calibration tool to adjust the HD PVR Pro 60 settings. To do this:
- open Hauppauge Capture
- on your Xbox One, navigate to Display & sound -> Video output -> Calibrate HDTV
- skip to the Brightness screen. The key instruction is 'Brightness: turn this all the way up, then turn it down so that the large closed eye to the right just disappears'
- then, in Hauppauge Capture, go to the Advanced menu and open Video Proc Amp settings
- use Brightness to satisfy "turn this all the way up, then turn it down so that the large closed eye to the right just disappears".
- you can then skip on your Xbox One to the Contrast adjustment, this time using the Hauppauge Capture Contrast setting to satisfy the Xbox One instruction: "adjust the contrast to your perference, so that you barely see the large sun image to the right".
- once you have these settings, click OK and they will be saved on your HD PVR Pro 60
HD PVR Pro 60 Firmware Update
Firmware updates can be done to add new features and performance improvements to the HD PVR Pro 60
HD PVR Pro 60 Firmware Version 211
New in this version: fixes snapshot in standalone mode
To install the latest HD PVR Pro 60 firmware:
- Download the firmware:
- Unzip this file. Inside are the firmware file (.BRN file) and instructions (also provided here)
- Copy HU677UVC.BRN to root of your SD Card (FAT32 or exFAT is supported)
- Plug SD card into HD PVR Pro 60
- Disconnect the USB Cable
- Hold in the snapshot button while connecting the USB cable and wait until the white LEDs are flashing. You can release the snapshot button while the white lights are flashing.
- Once firmware is complete the LED's will turn green.
You can verify the firmware version in Hauppauge Capture -> Advanced Options -> Firmware
- Step 1: connect the HDMI Out from your cable box to the HDMI In on the Pro 60.
Then connect the HDMI Out on the Pro 60 to your TV set or TV monitor.
Make sure you can see your cable TV on your TV set.
- Step 2: On the side of the HD PVR Pro60, set the 'REC MODE' switch to ‘SD’.
- Step 3: power on the HD PVR Pro 60 by plugging the USB cable into a 5v .9a (or better) USB power supply. An iPad power supply is 5.1v at 2.1a and will work fine. the red light will blink red until the HDMI source is recognized and the SD card is plugged in.
- Step 4: Plug in an SD card to the Pro 60. The SD card can be formatted as Fat32 or exFAT. Wait until the light becomes solid green. This means the video source and SD card are recognized by the HD PVR Pro 60.
- Step 5: When you want to record, hit the Record button on top of the Pro 60 to start recording. The LED light on top will blink green. Hit the record button to stop recording. It might take a second or so for the light to go solid green. At this point, you can either remove the SD card or make another recording.
Note: to switch back to record on a PC, set the ‘Rec Mode’ switch to ‘PC’.
Troubleshooting stand alone mode:
- Problem: No mic audio in standalone mode:
Solution: connect the HD PVR Pro 60 to a Windows PC. Run Hauppauge Capture. In the Capture tab, in the volume mixer, mute the Microphone. Then un mute the microphone. Adjust the microphone audio to the middle. Then close Hauppauge Capture. Re connect the HD PVR Pro 60 standalone and test with the microphone again.
- Problem: Light is green but when I hit the Record button, the light stays green and no recording happens
Solution: On the 'REC MODE' switch, set to PC and then set to SD. Sometimes the slide switch does not fully go to the SD position.
- Problem: Light is blinking red even though I have put an exFAT formatted SD card in
Solution: Remove the SD card, then replace it. Sometimes the SD card is not correctly positioned in its slot, and the HD PVR Pro 60 will not 'see' it.
Solution: If after removing and replacing the SD card, the light still blinks red, you might have to reformat your SD card. The blinking light means that either the SD card is either not completely positioned in its slot, or its not correctly formatted.
HD PVR Pro 60 Video Tutorials
HD PVR Pro 60 Frequently Asked Questions
I want to plug my headset into the HD PVR Pro 60, but not connect a controller. What will I hear in my headset?
You will hear HDMI audio.
When you have your headset plugged into the Headset port, HDMI audio is routed to three places: over the USB bus into your PC, out the HDMI Out port to your monitor and also to the headset. You will hear your game audio in your headset.
When I plug my game controller into the Controller port, what happens to the audio?
As soon as you plug anything into the Controller port, HDMI In audio is disabled (HDMI passthrough is continued to be passed through) and audio to both your headset and to the USB bus now comes from the Contoller port.