WinTV-HVR-2205 Windows Media Center Kit : a complete dual tuner kit for your Windows Media Center PC
Dual tuner, quad TV format PCI-Express TV Kit for Microsoft's Windows Media Center.
Includes Windows Media Center remote control
Now with Freeview HD (DVB-T2), Freeview (DVB-T) and DVB-C digital TV formats!
Includes Microsoft certified remote control for use with Windows Media Center
WinTV-HVR-2205 Media Center kit features
- Use the TV button in Media Center to watch, pause and record TV on your PC. And use Media Center’s built-in TV scheduler to record your analogue or Freeview digital TV programmes to disk.
- Dual Digital or Analogue TV for your Windows Media Center PC, in a single slot PCI-Express 1x board.
- Triple digital TV formats: the WinTV-HVR-2205 Media Center kit includes two each of Freeview HD (DVB-T2), Freeview (DVB-T) and digital cable (DVB-C)* digital TV receivers, all on one PCI Express board!
- You can also connect to a satellite or cable TV set-top box with the built-in S-Video or composite connectors.
- Includes half height and full height bracket.
With Windows Media Center and the WinTV-HVR-2205 Media Center kit you can
- Watch and record TV using Windows Media Center (included for free in Windows 7 and available at an additional cost in Windows 8)
- Watch Freeview HD (DVB-T2), Freeview digital TV (DVB-T) or analogue PAL TV on your PC screen while recording a different channel on the second tuner
- Pause analogue or digital TV, with instant replay, skip, fast forward and rewind.
- Record digital TV programmes in original MPEG-2 quality.
- Record analogue TV to disk in high quality MPEG-2 quality with the built-in hardware MPEG-2 encoders.
- Use Media Center’s TV scheduler to automatically record your favourite TV shows. Playback your recordings at any time on your PC screen.
Watch analogue and digital TV on your Media Center PC. The WinTV-HVR-2205 Media Center kit includes everything you need to watch, pause and record analogue PAL and digital Freeview TV on your Vista Media Center PC. The WinTV-HVR-2205 Media Center kit is for Windows 8 Media Center, Windows 7 Media Center and Windows XP Media Center Edition.
Microsoft certified Media Center remote control included. Control Media Center’s functions with the included remote control. Play music, start a slide show, all from the comfort of your living room couch. And if you have a cable TV or satellite box, the included Media Center IR transmitter can control the channel changing. So you can automatically schedule and record TV from cable TV or a satellite receiver.
Also compatible with Hauppauge's WinTV v7 and WinTV v8 applications If you want to watch TV in a window on your Windows 10, 8, 7 or Windows XP computer and do not use Windows Media Center, you can purchase the optional Hauppauge WinTV v8 application. WinTV v8 gives you TV in-a-window or full screen, plus you can schedule your TV recordings. WinTV v8 also supports digital cable DVB-C, so if your cable TV provider supplies free-to-view DVB-C, you can use WinTV v8 to watch, pause and record digital cable TV in the original digital quality!
The WinTV-HVR-2205 Media Center kit can be used in either full height or half height PC systems, using the supplied low profile adapter bracket.
WinTV-HVR-2205 makes your PC future proof. WinTV-HVR-2205 Media Center kit can switch between analogue PAL TV and digital Freeview TV, so you can watch analogue PAL TV now and receive Freeview TV when it is available in your area. You can also connect your cable TV or satellite TV set top box to WinTV-HVR-2205, so you can watch, pause and record set top box programmes too.
- DVB-T or Analogue TV reception requires a TV aerial (a high gain rooftop aerial is recommended). If you have a cable or satellite TV box, Windows Media Center will need to use the “IR blaster” to control the box for channel changing.
- DVB-C is not currently supported with Windows Media Center. To add DVB-C support, you will need to purchase an software update from DVBLogic.
- For Digital Terrestrial reception, some viewers may need to replace their aerials if the installation is old or in poor condition. Digital Terrestrial coverage is improving all the time as digital terrestrial television transmitters are continuously being updated. However it may take some time for full coverage to reach particular areas of the country. Your local retailer will be able to provide up to date coverage information for your area based on a post code database. To check if you can receive a digital transmissions in your area, enter your Post Code at: http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/
- An Internet connection is required for the Windows Media Center EPG service.
WinTV-HVR-2205 Technical specifications
- Two tuners for:
- Freeview HD (DVB-T2)
- Freeview (DVB-T)
- Digital cable TV (DVB-C)
- Analogue PAL and NTSC TV
- One tuner for:
- FM radio
- IEC connectors for TV & FM Aerial connection
- SVideo/composite input
- 3.5mm stereo audio input
- Minimum processor recommended:
- 2.0 GHz Intel® P4 or equivalent for TV watching.
- 2.8 GHz Intel® P4 or equivalent for analogue TV recording in MPEG-2.
- Microsoft® Windows® 10, 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista with 1 GB RAM or Windows XP Service Pack 3 with 512 MB RAM
- Graphics with 64 MB of memory (minimum).
- Sound card or on board sound.
- Available PCI Express X1 slot (can be used in x4/x8/x16 slots).
- CD-ROM drive (for Software installation).
model 01274: WinTV-HVR-2205 Media Center Kit with dual analogue & dual DVB-T / DVB-T2 / DVB-C support and English manual
Included in the box
- WinTV-HVR-2205 PCI-Express 1x card with a multi-standard PAL TV and DVB-T, DVB-T2 and DVB-C receivers, S-Video, composite video and stereo audio inputs. Full height bracket is attached.
- Additional low profile bracket, for use when installing in a low profile computer chassis.
- Microsoft Media Center certified Infra-red remote control and USB receiver.
- Windows Media Center driver CD-ROM.
- Quick Installation Guide