WinTV-HVR-2205 : Dual tuner, quad TV format PCI-Express board
New! Now with Freeview HD (DVB-T2), Freeview (DVB-T), DVB-C digital cable TV and analogue PAL TV formats!
WinTV-HVR-2205 board features
- Dual Tuner Digital or Analogue TV for your Windows Media Center PC, in a single slot PCI-Express board. Also supports the new Hauppauge WinTV v8 application (not included).
- Triple digital TV formats: the WinTV-HVR-2205 board includes two each of Freeview HD (DVB-T2), Freeview (DVB-T) and digital cable (DVB-C) digital TV receivers, all on one PCI Express board!
- Dual tuner analogue PAL TV with dual high performance MPEG-2 encoders
- FM radio receiver built-in
- Use the TV button in Windows Media Center to watch, pause and record TV on your PC. And use Windows Media Center’s built-in TV scheduler to record your analogue or Freeview digital TV programmes to disk.
- Connect to a satellite or cable TV set-top box with the built-in S-Video or composite connectors.
- Product ships with half height and full height brackets.
With Windows Media Center and the WinTV-HVR-2205 board you can
- Watch Freeview HD (DVB-T2), Freeview digital TV (DVB-T) or analogue PAL TV on your PC screen while recording a different channel on the second tuner!
- Pause analogue or digital TV, with instant replay, skip, fast forward and rewind.
- Record digital TV programmes in original MPEG-2 quality.
- Record analogue TV to disk in high quality MPEG-2 quality using the built-in hardware MPEG-2 encoder.
- Use Media Center’s TV scheduler to automatically record your favourite TV shows. Playback your recordings at any time on your PC screen.
Watch analogue and digital TV on your Windows Media Center PC. The WinTV-HVR-2205 board includes everything you need to watch, pause and record analogue PAL and digital Freeview TV on your Vista Media Center PC.
Also compatible with Hauppauge's WinTV v7 and WinTV v8 applications If you want to watch TV in a window on your Windows 10, 8, 7 or Windows XP computer and do not use Windows Media Center, you can purchase the optional Hauppauge WinTV v8 application. WinTV v8 gives you TV in-a-window or full screen, plus you can schedule your TV recordings. WinTV v8 also supports digital cable DVB-C, so if your cable TV provider supplies free-to-view DVB-C, you can use WinTV v8 to watch, pause and record digital cable TV in the original digital quality!
The WinTV-HVR-2205 board can be used in either full height or half height PC systems, using the supplied low profile adapter bracket.
WinTV-HVR-2205 makes your PC future proof. WinTV-HVR-2205 board can switch between analogue PAL TV and digital Freeview TV, so you can watch analogue PAL TV now and receive Freeview TV when it is available in your area. You can also connect your cable TV or satellite TV set top box to WinTV-HVR-2205, so you can watch, pause and record set top box programmes too.
WinTV-HVR-2205 board is a compact, low profile, dual tuner, PCI-Express card that fits in all the latest Microsoft Vista Home Premium and Ultimate PCs with a PCI-Express 1x slot. If you have a normal PC or an extra slim one, WinTV-HVR-2205 board comes with both full height and half height brackets.
- DVB-T2, DVB-T or over-the-air analogue TV reception requires a TV aerial (a high gain rooftop aerial is recommended). If you have a cable or satellite TV box, Windows Media Center will need to use the “IR blaster” to control the box for channel changing.
- DVB-C is not currently supported with Windows Media Center.
- For Digital Terrestrial reception, some viewers may need to replace their aerials if the installation is old or in poor condition. Digital Terrestrial coverage is improving all the time as digital terrestrial television transmitters are continuously being updated. However it may take some time for full coverage to reach particular areas of the country. Your local retailer will be able to provide up to date coverage information for your area based on a post code database. To check if you can receive a digital transmissions in your area, enter your Post Code at: http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/
- An Internet connection is required for the Windows Media Center EPG service.
WinTV-HVR-2205 Board specifications
- Two tuners for:
- Freeview HD (DVB-T2)
- Freeview (DVB-T)
- Digital cable TV (DVB-C)
- Analogue PAL and NTSC TV
- One tuner for:
- FM radio
- IEC connectors for TV & FM Aerial connection
- SVideo/composite input
- 3.5mm stereo audio input
- Minimum processor recommended:
- 2.0 GHz Intel® P4 or equivalent for TV watching.
- 2.8 GHz Intel® P4 or equivalent for analogue TV recording in MPEG-2.
- Microsoft® Windows® 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista with 1 GB RAM or Windows XP Service Pack 3 with 512 MB RAM
- Graphics with 64 MB of memory (minimum).
- Sound card or on board sound.
- Available PCI Express X1 slot (can be used in x4/x8/x16 slots).
- CD-ROM drive (for Software installation).
model 00340: WinTV-HVR-2205 board with dual PAL, analogue & dual DVB-T, DVB-T2, DVB-C support and English manual
Included in the box
- WinTV-HVR-2205 PCI-Express 1x card with a multi-standard PAL TV and DVB-T, DVB-T2 and DVB-C receivers, S-Video, composite video and stereo audio inputs. Full height bracket is attached
- Additional low profile bracket, for use when installing in a low profile computer chassis
- Windows driver CD-ROM
- Quick Installation Guide
The WinTV-HVR-2255 and WinTV-HVR-2205 have open source Linux support. See this link from LinuxTV.org
For customization of the Linux driver, please send an e-mail message to: email@example.com