Hauppauge Chat Cable
Hauppauge Chat Cable
The Hauppauge Chat Cable splits the audio from your headset so you can record or stream game play while still having multi-player chat
Record or stream multi-player chat: use the Hauppauge Chat Cable to bring chat and game audio to record or stream with Hauppauge Capture
With the Xbox One and PS4, chat is provided to your headset when playing multi-player games. The Hauppauge Chat Cable 'splits' the headset audio and sends it to Hauppauge Capture (using either your PC's LineIn jack or the Hauppauge AV cable), where game audio and chat will be mixed into your recording or Twitch/YouTube/OBS streams.
- The Hauppauge Chat Cable includes 3 pieces:
- Chat Cable with 6.5' stereo audio cable (3.5mm 3 pin jack)
- RCA to 3.5mm female adapter cable
- Pink/green to 3.5mm adapter (used with gaming headsets with pink/green audio connectors)
- Can be used with headsets with 3.5mm stereo jacks
- Includes an RCA to 3.5mm adapter for use with the Hauppauge AV adapter
- Includes a Pink/Green audio to 4 pin 3.5mm adapter for use with headsets which use Pink/Green 3.5mm jacks
- The Chat Cable can be used in one of three ways: using the LineIn jack on your PC, using the AV In port on Hauppauge game recorders or using the Mic in jack on the Rocket
No Audio when plugging in your headset? Hauppauge Chat Cable to the rescue!
Some game consoles and PC games systems turn off HDMI audio when a headset is plugged in. When this happens, you will get video but no audio in your HD PVR recordings. But you can use the Hauppauge Chat Cable to add the audio back in to recordings. At the same time, multiparty chat will also be recorded.
There are three ways to connect the Hauppauge Chat Cable
- Method 1: Use the LineIn jack on your PC
- Method 2: Use the AV In jack on the back of most Hauppauge recorders
- Method 3: Use the Mic jack on the front of the HD PVR Rocket
For more information on connecting the Hauppauge Chat Cable, please see the Support page.
Chat Cable System Requirements
- Any Hauppauge Game recorder: HD PVR 2, HD PVR 60, HD PVR Rocket, Colossus2
- A Headset with either a 3 or 4 conductor 3.5mm jack, or a headset with 3.5 mm Pink (mic) and Green (line in) jacks
- Hauppauge Capture version 1.0.34188 or higher
Note: HD PVR 60 can only be used with Method 1: Use the LineIn jack on your PC
Any questions? Please email us at email@example.com
Chat Cable Model number
Part number 6021372