BROADWAY by PCTV Systems is a new way to watch live TV on your iPhone®, iPad®, iPod Touch® or your Android® device – at home via Wi-Fi or around the world via the Internet.
BROADWAY by PCTV Systems is a brand new solution to stream live-TV to your Apple® iOS or android mobile device – at home and anywhere via the Internet.
Imagine, you watch your home TV program on your mobile device in a cafe in Paris or a hotel lobby in Las Vegas – in perfect quality. BROADWAY is a networked TV receiver with two integrated DVB-T tuners, an analog video input with IR blaster and support for the ultra-fast 802.11n wireless network standard.
BROADWAY brings your home DVB-T signal, your TV program from your cable- or satellite set-top box or live video from your analog camera wirelessly to mobile Apple iOS or Android devices or streams it throughout your home to any PC, regardless if it's Windows, Mac or Linux.
Get TV on your iOS® and Android® – instantly!
BROADWAY is a small stand alone device which connects to your TV antenna (or a cable or satellite set-top box) and sends live TV wirelessly to an Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android phone or tablet or a PC or Mac.
Live TV is transmitted by BROADWAY to your mobile device over your home Wi-Fi network or streamed over the Internet.
BROADWAY has two built-in high quality video converters that the TV signal and turn it into form which can be played on your mobile device. BROADWAY supports two transmission formats: one for Apple devices and one for devices which have Flash support.
BROADWAY contains two DVB-T receivers so you can watch live TV on any one mobile device plus a computer at the same time. Broadway is completely stand alone and “always on” with low power consumption.
On Apple devices, live TV from BROADWAY is watched with Safari, so you don’t need to download an app. Simply open a Safari window, enter the Internet address of BROADWAY and you’ll be watching live TV!
For Android devices, PCs or Macs, simply open any Internet browser with Flash support, enter the Internet address of BROADWAY and you’ll be watching live TV! Now you have access to DVB-T everywhere at your home - even if you live in an area with weak DVB-T signal.
The set-up is as easy as 1-2-3:
1. Connect a DVB-T aerial or a cable or satellite set-top box to Broadway
2. Connect Broadway to your Wi-Fi router
3. Using Wi-Fi on your mobile device, PC or Mac, open a browser and type in http://distan.tv You can now fully control Broadway. Scan for TV channels and set up an Internet connection to Broadway
Watch live TV wirelessly on your computer or mobile device, in the home or around the world!
The BROADWAY networked TV receiver features two Freeview DVB-T tuners, hardware H.264 compression and support for the ultra-fast 802.11n wireless network (Wi-Fi) standard.
It connects to your home Wi-Fi router, converts the live TV signal to H.264 format and streams it wirelessly to mobile Apple devices as well as to any PC or Mac.
Stream live TV to your Mac or Windows PC
BROADWAY also supports PCs and Macs. Watch live TV on your computer using a web browser (Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Opera or Internet Explorer).
If you have a PC, you can also use the included TVCenter 6 to watch live TV, plus pause, rewind and schedule TV recordings.
Stream live TV from Freeview over-the-air TV
Connect your home TV aerial to BROADWAY and watch Freeview digital TV anywhere in the world!
Stream live TV from your cable or satellite box
Connect Audio and Video from your cable or satellite set-top box to BROADWAY. Control your set-top box and change channels with the included IR Baster cable. Watch your cable or satellite TV from anywhere in the world!
Stream live cam video
For wireless video surveillance, connect an analogue video camera to BROADWAY and stream live video and audio to your mobile device, PC or Mac.
BROADWAY by PCTV Systems comes with an IR blaster cable, a mini rod antenna, TVCenter 6 for Windows, a wall mounting kit and a printed Quick-Install manual.
model 23080: Broadway and English manual
Included in the box
- Broadway unit
- Power supply unit
- DVB-T antenna
- Ethernet cable
- CD-ROM with TVCenter application, drivers and user manual
- Quick start guide
- Home router (required)
- Internet access (highly recommended)
- DVB-T signal and/or TV connection from cable or satellite box
- For TV streaming at home: Wi-Fi connection to your home router (or wire LAN with a Mac/PC)
- For TV streaming over the Internet: Home router connected to the Internet with an uplink speed of min. 256kbit/sec. Your mobile device should be connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi or a 3G connection.
Using Apple® handheld devices
- iPad or iPhone (any version) or iPod Touch. Safari mobile webbrowser.
- iOS 3 or later
Using Android® based handheld devices
- Android 2.2 (“Froyo”) or higher with integrated Adobe Flash®
- capable web browser
Using a Mac
- Mac with OS X 10.5 or newer
- Web browser (Safari recommended)
Using a PC
- Microsoft® Windows® 7, or Windows Vista or Windows XP (32 bit)with latest Service Pack, 1 GB RAM
- 1.5 GHz processor for SDTV
- 2.6 GHz multi core processor for HDTV*
- Web browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome or Opera) for live TV streaming
- for full PVR functionality install TV Center 6 from inluded CD-ROM
- TV standard: Digital terrestrial DVB-T (MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC / H.264*) (Freeview over-the-air TV, in areas where available)
- Tuning range 174~862 MHz
- Channel bandwidth 7, 8 MHz
- Antenna input: IEC, 75 Ohm
TV standards supported by Broadway
- Dual tuner DVB-T reception (SDTV and HDTV)
- S-Video or composite video, e.g.
- from a cable TV or satellite set top box
- PAL or NTSC analogue camera