PCTV 461e FreeSat TV Tuner
Watch and record satellite TV on your PC!
Plug the PCTV 461e into a USB port on your Windows PC or laptop and you can watch, pause & record FreeSat satellite TV, both standard definition and HD. You can also watch the free satellite channels broadcast over Astra and Eutelsat in HD.
Record in the original HD quality
The PCTV 461e allows you to record your favourite TV programs in the original HD quality. Make a movie or TV programme library from satellite TV, and watch them on your PC at any time!
Never miss your favourite TV show again!
The PCTV 461e comes with TVCenter 6 and DistanTV applications for Windows. With TVCenter, you can watch or record your favourite TV programs in your PC, in a window or full screen. TV recordings made with the PCTV 461e can be scheduled and played back from mobile devices as well as from the PC or Mac.
With DistanTV, the PCTV 461e can stream your favourite TV programs to your iPhone, iPad or your Android-based tablets or smartphones plus a PC or Mac.
The PCTV 461e turns your PC into a high definition satellite DVR
Plug the 461e into your PC and turn it into a HDTV digital video recorder (satellite DVR). With the included TVCenter 6 application, you can watch HD or SD TV on your PC screen, in a window or full screen. A built-in Electronic Program Guide (EPG) allows you to see what's on TV now and what's coming up. Schedule your TV recordings with the EPG. Plus pause live TV and record your favourite TV programs in the full digital TV format.
New! Now with support for LinuxTV
LinuxTV.org is now distributing the support for the PCTV 461e, so if you are building your own Linux system and want to add TV, the PCTV 461e is for you! To get the latest Linux support, make sure you are using Linux version 3.16 or later. For more information, go to LinuxTV.org.
PCTV 461e Features
- The PCTV 461e is a satellite receiver for free-to-air HD and SD satellite TV programs in Europe
- Supports FreeSat satellite TV in the UK
- Enjoy the stunning picture quality of HD satellite TV on your PC, in a window or full screen
- You can also listen to digital satellite radio
- Record satellite HDTV in native digital video format without any loss in quality
- Includes the all-new TVCenter 6 application for Windows. Watch, timeshift and record live TV in the original HD quality. Watch HD satellite TV full screen or in a freely scalable window
- Also works with Windows Media Center in Windows 7 and 8
Linux support for the PCTV 461e is in kernel 3.14 or later. For more information, please see here.
PCTV 461e Satellite TV Receiver Specifications
- TVCenter 6 application for live TV on Windows, with TV pause and recording
- DistanTV for streaming TV to tablets, smart phones and PCs and Macs
- Supported TV standards:
- TV Standards: DVB-S2 / DVB-S receiver (MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC / H.264)
- Frequency range IF 950MHz- 2175MHz
- DiSEqC 1.0
- LNB-power: 13V /18V, 500mA
- Antenna-input: F-Connector, 75 Ohm
- PC-interface: USB 2.0 (Hi-Speed)
TV recording formats
- Transport stream (the original transmitted format, without any quality loss)
- Microsoft® Windows 8, 7® or Windows Vista with latest Service Pack, 1 GB RAM, or Windows XP (32 bit) with latest Service Pack, 512 MB RAM
- Minimum processor: PC with 2.8 GHz single-core or multi-core 1.8 GHz or equivalent AMD® Athlon® XP
- For HDTV, a minimum 2,6 GHz multi core processor
- Hard disk with min. 1 GB free capacity (20 GB free capacity recommended)
- Sound and graphics with support for DirectX® 9 or higher
- USB 2.0 port
- CD/DVD drive for software installation
- Recommended: Internet connection for software updates and activations
model 23132: PCTV 461e FreeSat DVB-S and DVB-S2 TV receiver
Included in the box
- PCTV 461e satellite TV receiver (DVB-S and DVB-S2), Hi-Speed USB adapter with satellite antenna connection
- Remote control including batteries (for TVCenter application only)
- External power supply (for use with unpowered satellite LNBs)
- USB extension cable
- TVCenter for Windows - installation and utilities software CD-ROM